- Stress melts, and burnout is no longer an issue.
- You can see clearly the essential truths under challenging or chaotic situations.
- You can envision the most effective path to fulfilling service for yourself and others.
- Stress release and time management are simple, because you can see clearly what is essential and what is not, what is yours to do and what is not.
- You are inspired to keep going through tough times, over hard obstacles.
- You inspire others to help you create a workplace and world that work for all.
As longtime researchers, writers, speakers and consultants in the field of spirit and work, we’ve noticed how beautifully and easily people from all faiths (including spiritual eclectics and people with no religious affiliation) increase wisdom at work by bringing more spirit to their work.
Among the major trends we have noticed are:
Meditation in many forms, from formal meditation drawn from various religious traditions to walking meditations at lunchtime, to moments of reflection throughout the day. Here’s a fun guided visualization you can use in stressful times
Inspiration and insights from all the world’s religions. Pat’s interview with world religions scholar Huston Smith gives you a great overview of this wisdom treasure house. Click to read the Huston Smith interview. Click to read Pat and John’s adaptation of the Prayer of St. Francis “Make Me an Instrument of Peace at Work.”
Creating a sanctuary and sacred space at work. We’ve been gathering stories and photos of creative and simple ways people do this for over ten years. Here’s one of Pat’s columns from the San Francisco Chronicle to inspire you.
Creating your own wisdom practices that best suit your workplace. For a free copy of 10 tips for bringing spirit to your work, click here.
Want more for yourself or your group? Here are some choices:
- Read Pat’s book Work with Meaning, Work with Joy (Sheed & Ward 2003). It’s filled with tips on how to do this. Work with Meaning, Work with Joy is available on our products page.
- Have a one-on-one session with Pat (in person or via the phone) to custom-design your own best practices for your workplace, your unique challenges and opportunities. For more information about one-on-one consults, click here.
- Bring Pat and John to your group for a workshop or talk on any aspect of spirit and work.
- For more information on consults, talks and workshops, click here.